SEO or search engine optimization is one of the key pillars for online marketing campaigns. Irrespective of the nature, magnum and industry, you have to invest in SEO at some point, to see success in the digital world. Given that this is a specialized field, most brands prefer to hire professional companies and agencies for the job. These agencies evaluate and access the requirements of different clients and plan a marketing campaign around the objectives.
However, there are plenty of services around, and some are just there to scam website owners, businesses and brands. It is important to know the basics, so that you aren’t duped for shoddy services. In this post, we have enlisted five things that must be discussed with a SEO service before hiring them.
- Start with their portfolio. What kind of work they have done so far? Are they experienced enough? Professional companies like Tanner Grey will never shy away from talking about the SEO work. They will be willing to take new clients through their existing projects and work and would also offer references if asked for.
- Work process of the concerned service is equally important. They must be able to understand and evaluate the requirements of your website and brand and must be able to frame a SEO plan around these basics. Keep in mind that SEO is a part of the plan, so other factors like social media marketing and PPC must be taken into account.
- Don’t choose a service that asks you upfront costs for setup. Most SEO services would like to know the work, and based on the campaign, they will charge a monthly fee. Some companies do charge a fixed price for the entire campaign, but make sure that you don’t pay for hidden charges.
- See if you can hire a company for things beyond SEO. This will just simplify the whole task and make things easy for the entire campaign. Ask them if they can handle website design work and other things like digital marketing through other channels.
- Lastly, don’t miss on their overall support and work assistance. A good company should be available to clients at all times, and they must be willing to offer regular reports of their work. Don’t shy away from seeking SEO reports, which can help immensely in tracking the work progress and will help in framing policies and ideas for the future.
Start checking SEO companies now!